As a fairly new natural hair blogger, I always feel like I have to write about and tackle all issues in the hair department... which is something that couldn't be further from the truth.
Just after publishing my post on hair type, texture and density, I felt compelled to write about hair porosity as well, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Why? Because I never had any problem with my own hair porosity. No real issue, no big revelation.
Yes, I'm feeling my hair right now. Let's try not to get cocky about it...
Still, I felt like I had to post something about it since it's problematic for many other naturals out there. So yesterday, I began researching... only to realize that everything had already been said on the matter! So instead of writing something, I decided to share these 5 awesome posts already written on the subject.
- Hair porosity basics by Audrey Davis-Sivasothy (UPDATE: this article is no longer online)
- An indepth look at porosity and naturally curly hair by Tonya McKay, first published on Naturally Curly
- Porosity (part 1 of 2) - Definition and Causes by Jc of the Natural Haven
- Porosity (part 2 of 2) - Can you fix it? by Jc of the Natural Haven
- Junk Science - Hair porosity tests, float or sink? by Jc of the Natural Haven
As you can see, I posted 3 links from Jc's blog The Natural Haven. She's a regular contributor on Black Girl Long Hair and I really do enjoy her scientific approach to natural hair, so check out her blog if you haven't done it already!
'Til next time lovelies!